Why does the US think that disrespecting Turkey’s historical image related to the Ottoman/Armenian era, then ordering it to lay off the Kurds, is acceptable? Turkey’s military chief has said US-Turkish ties will never be the same again if US lawmakers brand the Ottoman Empire’s massacre of Armenians a genocide
How does that help blunt world anxiety? Historical genocide is just that, my research has not found an innocent country yet. Every country has a dark past, they should own up to.
Every country has its own spin on history to elevate it’s national pride.
Historical Revisionism is the attempt to change commonly held ideas about the past. In its legitimate form (see) it is the reexamination of historical facts, with an eye towards updating historical narratives with newly discovered, more accurate, or less biased information, acknowledging that history of an event, as it has been traditionally told, may not be entirely accurate.
The legal definition of genocide was confined to acts of physical or biological destruction with intent to destroy a racial, religious, ethnic or national group as such.
The US should own up to its own genocide of the American Indian population of this continent. The Monroe Doctrine and Manifest Destiny were made up excuses to “intervene”, take people’s land, kill their families, and then force them to march a Trail of Tears march into prison camps far from their homes. United States own genocide of American-Indians 16th–19th Century 13,778,000. (Read the poignant book by James Loewen, Lies My Teacher Told Me)
1. Classification People are divided into “us and them”. “The main preventive measure at this early stage is to develop universalistic institutions that transcend… divisions.”
3. Dehumanization “One group denies the humanity of the other group. Members of it are equated with animals, vermin, insects or diseases.” “Local and international leaders should condemn the use of hate speech and make it culturally unacceptable. Leaders who incite genocide should be banned from international travel and have their foreign finances frozen.”
4. Organization “Genocide is always organized… Special army units or militias are often trained and armed…” “The U.N. should impose arms embargoes on governments and citizens of countries involved in genocidal massacres, and create commissions to investigate violations”
5. Polarization “Hate groups broadcast polarizing propaganda…” “Prevention may mean security protection for moderate leaders or assistance to human rights groups…Coups d’état by extremists should be opposed by international sanctions.”
6. Preperation “Victims are identified and separated out because of their ethnic or religious identity…” “At this stage, a Genocide Emergency must be declared. …”
7. Extermination “It is “extermination” to the killers because they do not believe their victims to be fully human.” “At this stage, only rapid and overwhelming armed intervention can stop genocide. Real safe areas or refugee escape corridors should be established with heavily armed international protection.”
8. Denial “The perpetrators… deny that they committed any crimes…” “The response to denial is punishment by an international tribunal or national courts.”
Other words for the same horror break down the types of genocide by excuse …
Cultural genocide is a political and rhetorical term used to describe the deliberate destruction of the cultural heritage of a people or nation for political, military, religious, ideological, ethnical, or racial reasons.
Democide is a term coined by political scientist R. J. Rummel for “the murder of any person or people by a government, including genocide, politicide, and mass murder“. Rummel created the term as an extended concept to include forms of government murder that are not covered by the legal definition of genocide, and it has found currency among other scholars.
Ethnic cleansing refers to various policies or practices aimed at the displacement of an ethnic group from a particular territory in order to create a supposedly ethnically “pure” society.
Nazi eugenics pertains to Nazi Germany‘s race based social policies that placed the improvement of the race through eugenics at the center of their concerns and targeted those humans they identified as “life unworthy of life” (German Lebensunwertes Leben), including but not limited to: criminal, degenerate, dissident, feeble-minded, homosexual, idle, insane, religious and weak humans for elimination from the chain of heredity.
The Midian War documented in the Hebrew Bible, Book of Numbers 31, was the final military action that Moses was ordered by God to punish the Midianites. He dispatched against them an army of 12,000 men, under Phinehas the priest; this force defeated the Midianites and slew all their males, including their five kings.
The US should expect other countries to come clean ONLY when it comes clean about it’s own despicable past genocides. Respect for an individual person’s feelings is one thing, but respect for another country is quite another. More and more, the alienation tactics of this administration are placing the US in peril. Coalition or ally, US arrogance has worn so thin that Turkey wants to kick the US military bases out of its country. The US has had to buy our way into so many countries that resentment has taken over the world. The US has bought leaders of countries throughout history, but it cannot buy their populations. Ultimately, populations will exert their anger. The US is cavalier about the rights, sanctities and feelings of other countries that the consequences are here. Payback is hell. The US is about to experience a humbling moment. The transition from world leader to world bully is has consequences. The US has lost its grip on reality and its population will pay the price.